BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bare Naked?

This blog was originally titled Dhammaboy. The below is why I chose it.
The new name reflects a couple of things. First off my approach to Zen is naked.. Or at least I'm trying to. I'm really focusing on emptying my cup as it were. Starting over 'beginners mind.'

Second because naked is cool. And some times it's needed in the middle of summer. ^_^

For the old name
Because the name was cool.

That's why I picked it. My other blog (the hole in my head, which I'm not really using) still has a good name for the topic at hand. The topic of my progression in Buddhism. Who knows, I may keep that one and move everything over but this sounded cool.

I'm such a dork.

*Note, Most people are familiar with Karma, the 'cosmic currency of Buddhism, Hindu and others. Some people are familiar with Dharma, the budhist teachings. Well I've been reading Pali stuff (the original original language of Bhuddism. and Karma and Dharma are both sanscrit words. Translations but early ones. Pali ones tend to be a couple years later and there are still a few texts that haven't even been translate yet. So I will often use pali here. So Karma is Khamma and Dharma is Dhamma

0 comments: