BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Naked Zazen

I know that Naked and Zazen are not generally things you'd be able to authentically link but I had to last night. It's FRACKING hot in my house these days. The weather in socal has been above 100 every day for several days and we don't user our AC. Normally I don't mind sweating a bit during zazen. It's just one more thing your body does that you're supposed to acknowledge but not foxus on. but buckets of sweat is way too much and the hotter it gets the harder it is to pay attention. Or to not pay attention to be more accurate.

So I ended up on my cushion with my bathrobe in my lap sweating slightly less than before and much more comfortable and thus easier to maintain my focus.

Not that I can focus for a whole two seconds at a time or anything but I'm getting there.

0 comments: