BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Neurodharma

So I haven't actually listened to a single podcast but I subscribed to Buddhist Geeks because, well, I'm a geek and a Buddhist. Seems like a fit to me.
But I _do_ have them on twitter, and while yes as an IT nerd it causes me physical pain to type out that sentence I do actually follow about 6 twitter streams.
 
Anyway I found this article amazingly interesting. It's an article by
 
It's a transcript of their interview with Rick Hanson a PHD in neuropsychology and  Theravadan Buddhist
The coolest part is that in it he covers a bunch of stuff about physiologically why we are the way the Buddha says we are. or said, or does,whatever

stupid Zen.

But the best part is that it's not just all hot air. There is actual practical useful information in there on how to make your meditation more effective and ways to help ensure that the meditation makes it with you into the real world.
'real'

the place where you live and interact. The place where you really could use the meditation but really don't have the time.

-DB

0 comments: