BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

ZOMFG the death penalty

Holy fricking crap.

I just became against the death penaly.
Literally less than five minutes ago. While brushing my teeth.

No that's not entirely true I was actually flossing with my waterpick. The idea hit me about 5 minutes earlier and I tried to resist it. Hoped I'd forget.

I've been pro death penalty most of my life. I've also been against killing, wars and violence in general* for most of my life. I have, however always felt that murderers and others that wreak havoc upon our lives should be culled. Not as punishment but generally as a cleansing of the gene pool.

No really. There's something wrong with these people. Yes upbringing is a possible source but by culling them off the way you would kill a cancer you A) Remove a source of the phsycopath gene from the gene pool and B) Show others that it's a BAD IDEA.
Now I understand global harmony and I love the idea and want the idea but the murderers are a current problem and global harmony is a future solution that we** are working towards.

But that's really the problem with the death penalty right there. It's just like your diet, or that reading you want to do or the excercise you should do, the gardening, the time with your kids.

It's always some day isn't it?

Some day.

But we all know some day doesn't come. It's bullshit. Some day is never today, it's always some day, out there, some place we look at. It's a dream, a lie.

It's bullshit.

And it won't be real until we make it real. It won't be real until we decide 'Fuck it!' Some day is today! So how will we heal the world if we don't start?

I know, I know, it's so much easier the other way. After all they're BAD PEOPLE. They really are. It's so much easier to want them punished. But that's like curing cancer by smoking. It sows the seeds of hate. Yes, more murderers are out there and more will come but how will we stop hate if we don't start? How will we end death if we don't start?

I'm such a fucking hippie some times.
sigh.

It was so much easier the other way. This is going to be hard. I don't like this idea but it's right.

Well, off to finish the evening with some Zazen. Maybe I should quit. This is the crap that's giving me this new clarity and all it's crappy revalations. ^_-


*except in sports conexts like martial arts.
** most of us.

0 comments: